We are coming together to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to heal from wounds from past government policies and practices. To connect with and empower the community to support healing and cultural connection. We endeavour to support and empower families to stay together and reconnect with self, culture, country and kin. The Program hopes to promote family wellbeing and sustainable community connection to celebrate all that we have; the resiliency, strength, power, and passion of the people. We will endeavour to do this utilising our strengths of genuine care, transparency, collaboration, connection and enthusiasm.
We recognise the unique family dynamics and cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For this reason, the FWB program uses an all-inclusive approach that actively engages with all family members to develop and coordinate strong case management.
- Focus on the child
- Empower Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander parents, families and communities
- Enable self-determination
- Employ a holistic and strength based approach
- Recognise culture as a protective factor
- Address issues and enable healing
- Create partnerships
- Strategies for parents
- Managing household children’s behaviour
- Family conflict
- Access to local services
You can access the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Family Wellbeing program through walk-ins and referrals.
- GP Service
- ATSI Health checks
- Mum’s, Dad’s and Bub’s Program
- Chronic Disease Management Clinic
- Weight Management
- Gymnasium & Physical Activities
- Quit Smoking Program
- Social & Emotional Wellbeing Program
- Health 4 Life Program
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Program
- Family Participation Program
If you are an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander contact us to see how we may be able to help you.